Sunday, July 29, 2012

12 Weeks : So it Begins! 1-4

Here it is ladies & gents!! Do you know what tomorrow is?! It's Monday! It is the START of 12 Weeks!

So since it's the beginning of Weeks 1-4 I figure I'll re-post the photo of my spread sheet. That way you don't forget what the work outs you'll be doing everyday are. Second thing is I figure some of you might be new at this or haven't heard of some of the work out's so I thought I'd give you a good place to know how to do some of the work outs [ thank you Bally Total Fitness website! ]

So some things to know DB = Dumb Bells. I know that might be simple to some but not so much to others. So thought I'd mention it. Then when you're using the website some of the videos show exercises with machine's but not so much with the dumb bell's so the the work out is still the same just use a chair or bench in the gym instead of the machine and with dumb bells of course :) Anyways so moving right along I like the Bally site cause it has everything organized by Upper, Core, & Lower. So Monday & Thursday you'll be working upper body. Then Tuesday & Friday you'll be working lower body & core. Then we're gonna throw in the difference is the days of rest. Our 12 Week Challenge is that we do the Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday with the exercises we also throw in 30 minutes of cardio at either the end or the beginning of each work out. And the other change is that on Wednesday and Saturday we don't rest. 45 minutes of cardio baby! [ feel the burn! ] Then rest that body on Sunday!

Speaking of rest - after each set you should take a minute to rest so your body can catch up. I said rest not nap though! So no more than a minute of rest each set. No less than 30 seconds though. [ thank goodness ] Now remember your sets - your reps during these 4 weeks you should be able to accomplish between 8-12 reps. If you can do more you're not lifting enough weight if you can't do 8 then that's too much weight!

K now what's the point of this Challenge?! Results baby! So here it is how do we know we're actually changing? I mean sure the scale is a good way to tell, BUT remember you could weight 10 pounds more than that other person but be in better shape! [ Remember skinny girls look good in clothes, fit girls look great naked! - just sayin! ] Anyways so to see results we're going based off of measurements. The other website I'm gonna list is a place telling you how to measure your body. I'm gonna add 3 measurements. First is your biceps - we all want toned arms are they getting leaner and more defined? Second your thigh's - no body likes thunder thighs unless they're rock hard! And last is your calves - while some of you just want to tone I'm gonna do all I can to make them suckers shrink! This fall I'm gonna get my calves into some knee high, thigh high boots!!

There it is Ladies & Gents Week 1 Day 1 Starts tomorrow! I'll be posting through out the week [ hopefully my schedule allows] that way I might be able to share my thoughts on week 1 and tell ya how the food life style change is workin for me!

Let the Challenge Begin!!

Like a Boss
Adrianna

p.s. if there are enough people interested in doing this and sending results at the end of the 12 weeks with photos of proof before and after I'm game for a prize to the person who is most transformed at the end!

Bally Total Fitness : http://www.ballyfitness.com/achieve-your-goals/workout-tools/exercise-demonstration-videos.aspx - dunno how to do the exercise? check it out here!

Measure your Body : http://healthyisclassy.tumblr.com/post/11310794715/thisisgoingtohappennow-measuring-yourself-is-a - measure what matters, don't forget the 3 measurements I added.

Not a ton of links but two good ones for the coming weeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment