Saturday, August 11, 2012

Consistency & Progress

It really is key. The truth is we can all see I'm not very consistent at this. It's like Pinterest. I don't pin often but when I do I pin 46 Thousand items a day for a couple weeks. Then forget until I remember. Anyways I'm gonna work on this whole consistency thing. [ It'd probably save the whole 9 page long posts when I do posts] I'm not gonna promise anything cause I hate promising things I can't follow through on.

Anyways until today I have been consistent this last week. Not gonna lie Week 1 of the 12 Weeks was just a mess! I think I managed to hit the gym twice... and the rest was just a miss and my calories? Those managed to stay some what in check until my weekend. We went away for 3 days [shout out Rachel & Sara] and I didn't count a thing, although I did my best not to over eat which I am notorious for. So this week I had to make up for failing last week. So Monday I hit the ground running. Killer work outs. I had mentioned before I not only would be doing the work out but cardio at the end, and I did. I'm doing about 25 min on the stair glider we have at the gym. Wanna talk about killer cardio that thing will seriously work you [ no really I'm still walking around like I'm 90 - which is something I'm going to point to later ] Anyways Wednesday Rachel & I did a "Vibe" class at our gym which is Anytime Fitness' version of Zumba. Great work out but I have AWFUL shoes for it. Then Thursday I decided on the stair glider I'd start alternating. With the glider you can stair step or what is like essentially running stairs. So for a minute I do one then the next minute I do the other. It helps keep me focused on the cardio and it's changing it so my body is constantly working to adapt. So that's how I'm gonna attack that cardio machine from now on. Then today I kicked out 30 minutes on the Elliptical. I tried interval things with this as well. I used the elliptical that has the arms that move so I wasn't prone to lean on the equipment [ #1 on the Don'ts of cardio! ] The incline on this machine is set so I changed the resistance every minute. Resistance 1, 5, 10, 5, 1 .... so on. Like I said it keeps you focused and I definitely noticed a difference!

K this isn't just about what we're doing in the gym but what's happening in the kitchen too! So I have eaten out a few times but all had small portions, no soda, and avoided all the fatty fried stuff [ For this 1/2 Southern Girl that is no easy task! ] And even when eating out I managed to stay with in my goal calorie range [1200-1480] Until today. The fatty inside me won! Friends were in town visiting and took me to lunch at a Mexican place I love [ if you're ever in Moscow, Idaho - La Casa Lopez is a MUST! ] anyways I had a fried chimichanga with nacho cheese sauce & shredded chicken. The only thing healthy about it was the guacamole I had them add. [ I did avoid the rice though... ] Then tonight another friend grabbed me & we hit McDonald's.... which I haven't had fast food in weeks! And first I can honestly say not near as satisfying as I'd hope [ like I experienced with taco bell how many posts back? ] Had a soda for the first time in almost 3 months. Couldn't even finish it [ it was a small] Then the fries [also a small] awful - they were stale & soooo  salty! So I had a 1/3 of them and was done. So I was a fatty today over my calorie count, but I realized I don't really miss fast food. It leaves ya feeling full, slow, heavy, & still wanting something more.

So I mentioned walking around like I'm 90.. this is why stretching is important. I've been stretching before and after each work out [ yes stretch both before & after ] Except for yesterday I didn't stretch after I worked out... and I'm paying for it today. All my muscle's are super tight, my body aches more than normal, and because of this it hurts to stand up sit down. Not to mention I have that ache in the muscle's from yesterday's work out [ I actually like that ache! ] So I grabbed a link for you that's a stretching guide. Today most everyone has a smart phone if you can't remember [ I can't seem to ] pull up the stretching stuff on your phone and set an alarm to remind you to stretch after your work out. Another great idea? Stretch in the morning. It helps waken up your muscle's and get them stretched out after a night's sleep.

Since consistency is Key and we all need a little motivation I pulled together a few photos of side by side shots. They're gonna a time line. There is the photo of me back when I wasn't working out [ pre - divorce ] then the photo of where I was kinda like going here and there but not putting effort into it. And the third picture is from when I started becoming consistent at this thing.






Ok to preface these photos they're poorly put together. You'll understand why when I explain them. So the first picture here is me in November 2011 and me as of like 2 days ago. The second photo is me from January 2012 so two months or so after the first and the second photo is about 6weeks old. Then the 3rd photo is a comparison from April 2012 & 4 Weeks ago. And the last I threw together because the first one is the oldest and newest photo so I picked a photo from June/July [ not really sure which ] and then this photo from two days ago.



 The left photo doesn't even really look like me to myself anymore...















The jeans I'm wearing in the left photo I bought just before the trip to Utah. I literally can slide them off while buttoned up and zipped with out effort.
[ they're only 4 months old ]


These two are the closest in comparison you can only really tell in the cheeks/under chin area that there's a change.













So there you have it my little bit of progress. I'm down 23.6 pounds from when I started this journey. Most of which I have lost after making all these changes in my life. I still have another 45 pounds to go to hit target weight but progress is still progress. Not only do I look better but I feel better and my attitude is 3 times better than it use to be and I am annoyingly optimistic like I use to be [ better than the negative version of me she's down right awful! ]

Keep up the work. Week 3 Starts Monday! :) Happy Fitness

Like a Boss,
Adrianna

No comments:

Post a Comment