Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Talk to Your Doc!

So based on some emails I've gotten I wan to clarify a couple things and I need to point out a couple things from one of my previous posts.

First is I had mentioned before but just in case some are new or hadn't seen I am not a doctor, I don't have a degree in health, medicine, sports training, ect. I am not an athlete I'm not a dietitian. This blog is just me saying hey I struggle with weight and body image. [ How could you not with our society ] Anyways so this is a place for me to say hey this is what I've tried, this is what hasn't worked or has worked, a place to ask questions, share information, share recipe's, and bounce ideas or challenges around.

That said sometimes based on the information I find on the internet isn't the best. In the 12 Week Challenge Post [ http://trainlikeaboss.blogspot.com/2012/07/12-week-challenge.html ] I listed a TON of resources at the bottom of the page including the link to where I had gotten the 12 Week Workout. Here's what I want everyone to know. First - some of those supplements at the bottom are dangerous. If you do decide you are going to take supplements of any kind - seriously talk to a doctor. I really only wanted that link to be useful for the work out and for some of the diet ideas like drinking water and consuming percentages of each food group good for you. Second - Those girls on their train hours a day. They are pro athletes. That is their job and what they do for a living. Don't set the expectation to be like them. It's unrealistic and damaging to your progress. Set the expectation to work out, and be better than you were yesterday. You're only competing with your self, no one else. Last is don't just take my word for it. Do research, if there's a meal that I'm like hey this is amazing ask around if it's as good as I say. If I say I'm consuming this much talk to a doctor see if that's what works for your needs. When I tell you hey this is my work out program or schedule talk to a trainer at your gym and see if it works for you. I'm not a pro and I don't have a degree. I am just a 23 year old who doesn't want to be worrying about knee problems, obesity, a brittle body, and fighting an unhealthy lifestyle until I die.

That being said....

ARE YOU READY? the 12 Week Challenge. It starts MONDAY!! that's right we're moving it up a week. My gym opens up this week so I'm going to go in check out the new equipment, the new space, and figure out the best way to rotate through my work out during peak hours. Then come Monday it's going to be an intense 12 Weeks. Something that I honestly can't remember [ I can't believe I'm losing my memory so young! ] if I told you that I have started doing Roller Derby!! My sister Rachel and I are working on getting into shape together as well as working on our relationship. And so here in Moscow they have roller derby every Thursday for Fresh Meat. More to come on this but I thought it was only fair to let those taking on the challenge to know that along with this 12 Week work out plan I'll be doing hard core roller derby for 2 hours every Thursday. The last 30 minutes of Derby practice is intense interval conditioning coached by a fitness trainer. So I have a slight edge to that. [ side/after thought like I mentioned I am no doc, if you're not sure about the 12 Week Challenge - talk to your doctor. It's only Tuesday you got time before Monday :) ]

I know not a whole lot of meat to this post but important none the less! So there it is ladies & gents 12 Weeks starts Monday! Are you ready? Cause if not you're going to get left in the dust. Remember no one ever felt bad after working out, just sore. You only feel bad when you don't work out. So get out there! [ remember if you miss a day? the next day is a new day - start fresh! ]

Training Like a Boss!!


Adrianna

No comments:

Post a Comment